Monday, April 12, 2010

As Easy As No Bake Cookies

Or perhaps easier.

One of my favorite baby food options is "bananacado." Why do I like it? Because it is soooo easy - and delicious. Typically I'll take half an avocado and half a banana and mash those together. That ends up making more food than my girl usually eats, but let me assure you she eats every bite. With most of her baby food residing in the freezer, it's nice to have some options that don't require any sort of preparation, esp. when the freezer stock is low...

I told my mom that my girl eats avocado, and she said she'd never heard of a baby who eats avocado. I said, "well, she loves it." Mom's response? "What's not to love!" Agreed. I love avocado - and it's even better with banana.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, ML! I never tried feeding my boys avacados when they were babies. (And I was a baby-food making nerd such as yourself.) Definitely going to remember that for this new little guy! Thanks! -j.

    ReplyDelete